The following piece, authored by Publius Huldah, on how the States must act to protect our constitutional republic, should be read into the record of every state legislative body in the land. More importantly, it needs to be read by all American citizens, and understood, in order to cause the political pressure for these state bodies to finally act to defend the people against the tyranny enveloping us all.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. – That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, – That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it …” (2nd para)In that one paragraph, we learn the five foundational principles of our Constitutional Republic:
The Constitution is the formal expression of our Consent for the federal government to exist; and it is our formal statement of which specific powers WE agreed to delegate to the three branches of that government. Look at the opening words:
- Our Rights are unalienable and come from God;
- The purpose of civil government is to protect our God-given Rights;
- Civil government gets its powers from THE PEOPLE;
- Civil government is legitimate only when it stays within the powers WE delegated to it; and
- When civil government becomes destructive of the purposes for which WE created it, WE may throw it off.
“WE THE PEOPLE … do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
The Proposed Tennessee Resolutions of 2012Proposed by Publius Huldah.